Rick and Sherry Murray Medical Futures Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by ALS Association Florida Chapter
The Rick and Sherry Murray Medical Futures Scholarship is for students who have or have had a close family member such as a spouse, parent or guardian, child or grandparent diagnosed with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease, and who want to pursue a degree in the medical profession as a result of their experience.
Applicants must be:
- A close relative of a person who has been diagnosed with ALS. (Families of every tradition will be considered).
- A legal resident of Florida.
- Currently majoring in any medically-related or social work degree or attending any medically-related certification programs.
- Any age of student may apply - scholarships are not restricted to graduating high school seniors, high school graduates or current undergraduates.
- Applicants must attend or be accepted to school full-time (as defined by the educational institution) at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university, or vocational-technical school located in the U.S.
All interested students must complete an application and submit it by mail or email along with a current, complete official transcript of grades (Grade reports are not acceptable. Official transcripts must display student name, school name, degree program, grade and credit hours earned for each course, and term in which each course was taken.), a 500-word essay describing how the student’s experience with ALS has impacted him/her and his/her decision to enter the medical or social work field, and two (2) letters of recommendation. Other requirements are listed on the application.Go to Scholarship Application