Florida State Golf Association Scholarships
Scholarship Sponsored by Florida State Golf Association
FSGA Scholars is a scholarship program made possible by the FSGA Foundation. In the Spring of each year, the FSGA Foundation selects golfers from the FJT's graduating class to be awarded a renewable four-year scholarship.
Eligibility Requirements & Preferences
- Florida resident and US citizen for at least one year
- High school senior in good standing enrolled in a Florida high school or a home education program
- Financial Need
- Household income - less than $125,000 (net assets, number of children, number of parents, etc., are considered)
- GPA - minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Competed in a minimum of three FSGA or FJT tournaments
- Proof of acceptance by a college or university
- Enrolled in, and completes, a minimum of nine credit hours per fall and spring semesters
Criteria for Awarding Scholarships
- Academic Record
- Character & Sportsmanship
- SAT or ACT scores
- Involvement in Golf, High School and Junior golf tours & programs
- Financial Need
- Letters of Recommendation
- Community Activities / Volunteer Involvement
Payment & Student Responsibilities
- Each scholarship is awarded on a two semester term (fall & spring).
- Payment of the scholarship is made in two installments to the college or university the student is attending.
- The first payment is made during the fall semester, and the second payment is made during the spring semester.
It is the responsibility of the student to provide the FSGA with the correct mailing address for the payment of the scholarship (usually the financial aid department). Email all questions and information to firstname.lastname@example.org.Go to Scholarship Application