Florida State Golf Association Scholarships
Scholarship Sponsored by Florida State Golf Association
Awards Available: 5
Deadline : Jun 01, 2023
FSGA Scholars is a scholarship program made possible by the FSGA Foundation. In the Spring of each year, the FSGA Foundation selects golfers from the FJT's graduating class to be awarded a renewable four-year scholarship.
Eligibility Requirements & Preferences
- Florida resident and US citizen for at least one year
- High school senior in good standing enrolled in a Florida high school or a home education program
- Financial Need
- Household income - less than $125,000 (net assets, number of children, number of parents, etc., are considered)
- GPA - minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Competed in a minimum of three FSGA or FJT tournaments
- Proof of acceptance by a college or university
- Enrolled in, and completes, a minimum of nine credit hours per fall and spring semesters
Criteria for Awarding Scholarships
- Academic Record
- Character & Sportsmanship
- SAT or ACT scores
- Involvement in Golf, High School and Junior golf tours & programs
- Financial Need
- Letters of Recommendation
- Community Activities / Volunteer Involvement
- Payment & Student Responsibilities
- Each scholarship is awarded on a two semester term (fall & spring).
- Payment of the scholarship is made in two installments to the college or university the student is attending.
- The first payment is made during the fall semester, and the second payment is made during the spring semester.
- It is the responsibility of the student to provide the FSGA with the correct mailing address for the payment of the scholarship (usually the financial aid department). Email all questions and information to email@example.com.
- Requirements for Scholarship Renewals (Deadline is June 1st for the coming fall)
- Every FSGA Scholar must submit a request each year to have their scholarship extended to the next year
- Request must include current transcripts
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher must be maintained or the scholarship funding will be suspended
Scholars must submit a brief letter or email summarizing the following points:
- How were your grades and GPA for the year and cumulatively?
- What was the best part of the previous school year?
- What was the most challenging part of attending college?
- What is your intended career after graduation?
- Did you have an amazing experience worth telling? Inspire us or make us laugh!
Deadline for Renewal
Renewal must be requested by July 1st, preceding the fall semester
Transcripts and written summary should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Easy Scholarship Applications "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship - $2,000
To be eligible for the "No Essay" Nitro Scholarship you...View Details Be Bold Scholarship - $25,000
The "Be Bold" Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will...View Details ScholarshipOwl No Essay Scholarship - $1,000
ScholarshipOwl is your source of relief from the dreaded application...View Details Niche 2K No Essay College Scholarship - $2,000
Niche is the market leader in connecting colleges and schools...View Details SP Scholarship - $2,500
The SP College Scholarship program was created to help students...View Details 10 Words or Less Scholarship - $1,000
Scholarship Eligibility:A) Anyone who is between the ages of 14-25...View Details