Hispanic Heritage Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by Hispanic Heritage Scholarship Fund
Hispanic Heritage Scholarship Fund is committed to support Hispanic students in Central Florida to successfully complete their higher education college career. By providing scholarship funds and addressing gaps in student support, networking, and professional development, the scholarship fund will achieve its overarching goal of ensuring that Central Florida Hispanic/Latino students successfully complete their undergraduate studies.
To qualify for the Hispanic Heritage Scholarship, you must:
1. Be of Hispanic Heritage
2. Have a minimum overall unweighted 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for high school students and undergraduate students
3. Plan to pursue a bachelor’s degree and enroll full-time (12 credit hours) in one of the following schools for fall and spring of the upcoming scholarship year:
- Valencia Collegge
- Foundation for Seminole State College
- NUC University
- Florida Technical College
- Lake Sumter State College
- Advent Health University
4. Be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, DACA or Eligible Non-Citizen as defined by the scholarship fund
5. Apply for Federal Financial Aid using the FAFSA
6. Interview with the selection committee representatives
The following are preferred, but not required:
- Students who are able to demonstrate an evident financial need
- Student who are from the Central Florida region
- Students pursuing degrees in any of the following areas:
- Degrees in “STEM” (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) fields
- Degrees that support Central Florida’s anchor industries, such as construction management and hospitality management; and
- Degrees that represent economic priorities in the region, such as degrees in the arts, business management/economics and education.
Scholarship recipients are selected by a volunteer committee of business and community leaders and past alumni who understand the link between education and success. Each scholarship is credited directly to the student’s account at the college or university in which the student is enrolled.
How can I apply?
Students must complete and submit the application within the application period, and ensure that their FAFSA, recommendations and transcript have been received by the scholarship fund. This year’s application period is from January 25th to February 25th.
What is the amount of each scholarship?
Our scholarships range between $3,500 and $5,000.
Do I have to be Hispanic to apply?
Yes. For purposes of the Hispanic Heritage Scholarship, “Hispanic” is defined as anyone who was born in or is a first or second generation descendant of a person who was born in any of the following countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, El Salvador, Spain, Uruguay, or Venezuela.
I am a high school student. Can I apply?
Graduating high school seniors may apply as long as they have been accepted into an accredited college or university. High school students will be asked to include a copy of the enrollment letter in the scholarship application.
When will scholarship recipients be notified?
All applicants will receive a notification letter by e-mail before June 30, 2023 stating whether or not they have been selected as a scholarship recipient.Go to Scholarship Application