Florida Institute of CPA's Scholarship
Scholarship Sponsored by Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
The FICPA Scholarship Foundation has been providing financial assistance to students aspiring to join the accounting profession since 1959. We are thrilled to continue to impact future accountants and CPAs!
In 2022, we awarded over 70 scholarships to the best and brightest accounting students at 25 universities across the state of Florida.
Over 70 scholarships will be awarded ranging from $1,000 to $5,000.
- Be a full-time student or part-time student (as defined by each college/university)
- Majoring in accounting
- Attending any college or university in the State of Florida that is a partner with the FICPA Scholarship Foundation (Check if your school is on the list.)
- Be a member of the FICPA (Free for students - register today)
- Have a 3.0 Cumulative GPA and a 3.0 GPA in Upper-Division Accounting (300/3000 level courses or above)
- Must be a 4th or 5th-year student in upper-division accounting courses at the time the scholarship is received.
- Must be planning to sit for the CPA exam and be working towards fulfilling the requirements for certification in Florida.
- Should indicate a desire to practice in the field of accounting as opposed to other disciplines and must indicate a desire to work in Florida.
- Must be citizens of the United States or hold permanent residency status
Each student must have the following information ready before applying:
- Free FICPA Membership Number
- Personal Statement (500 words or less)
- Name and E-mail of 1-2 individual(s) who will complete a letter of recommendation
- Official Transcripts
- Cumulative GPA
- Upper-Level Classes (GPA will be calculated)
- Course Name and Number
- Credit Hours for each course
- Grade points given for each completed course
Can I apply as a Freshman or Sophomore?
You have to be a 4th or 5th year student in the following Fall semester to be considered.
If I received the scholarship last year, can I apply again?
Yes. You can receive the scholarship up to two years in a row.
Do I have to be attending a school listed as a partnering university?
Yes. These are the universities that meet our criteria:
- Ave Maria University
- Barry University
- Bethune Cookman University
- Flagler College - St. Augustine
- Flagler College - Tallahassee
- Florida A & M
- Florida Atlantic University
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Florida Institute of Technology
- Florida International University
- Florida Southern College
- FSU - Panama City
- FSU - Tallahassee
- Hodges University
- Indian River State College
- Jacksonville University
- Keiser University - Ft. Lauderdale
- Miami Dade College
- NOVA Southeastern University
- Saint Leo University
- St. Thomas University
- Southeastern University
- Stetson University
- University of Central Florida
- University of Florida
- University of Miami
- University of North Florida
- USF - Sarasota/Manatee
- USF - St. Petersburg
- USF - Tampa
- The University of Tampa
- University of West Florida